Tuesday, July 22, 2008

and then there were two!

Yesterday our second duckling was born. This one took its sweet time coming out of the shell, no more busting through the egg like the first one. The two are now great buddies and are having a good time making a mess together. I tried to take some pictures, but they're all blurry because they're always running around.

There is still one egg of the original four in the incubator (one egg had a duckling in it that died in the shell). I am not sure if the last one will hatch or not. I will wait patiently which is very hard to do.

I don't know what to name them yet because I don't know if they're boys or girls.

Jasper has been pretty curious about the ducklings, he likes to sit on the edge of their brooder box and watch the craziness.

I'll get some pictures soon!

No comments: