Tuesday, July 31, 2007

MY FIRST EGG!!!


I'm so excited I can hardly type! I got my first little white egg this afternoon! It came from my Blue Andalusian (she's the only white egg laying breed of the bunch so I know it was her) which according to the books should not have been the first to lay, but being that it's so hot here, I think that could affect it. I went in to put the hens in for the night and it was in the nest box right next to the light blue plastic easter egg I had put in there. (That's a thing you do to try and help the chickens learn where the eggs go). First eggs are small as not to explode your chicken, you can kind of see that in the comparison shot I have below of my chicken's egg (right) next to a small supermarket egg (left).

Comparison shot

In the nestbox

Nightcrawler, the layer of the first egg!

No comments: